Posting vignettes based on great postcards found in my mail box and elsewhere.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dirty Politics




I don't know about the training part but this bucolic scene suggests what every citizen must do before understanding any political party's spin doctors.

This is a Duckboy Card, number 423 in their often excellent contemporary 'quacked up' series. You can find their web site here. I posted another Duckboy card here, just scroll down until you see a couple of fellas in a pickup truck.
I bought this card at the local Sportsman's Warehouse store, then a couple of days later, Steve from Montana sends me another one, along with some other great cards I'll be posting as I get a chance. Serendipity happens.

2 comments:

  1. In 1986 or 1987 I had the honor to hold the center 91 ounce nugget shown in the card labled latest card collected. The nugget was mined by Mick and Rita Martinek of Palmer, Alaska on Glacier Creek in 1984. This area is now within Denali National Park. Steve Hicks, Montana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,
    Thanks for the history. As you know, the card's reverse side description does not say who made the discovery. I'll post it soon. Thanks for sending.

    ReplyDelete