Posting vignettes based on great postcards found in my mail box and elsewhere.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Kraken; Mega-coaster


My daughter and I took on Kraken while at Sea World in Florida earlier this winter. The super (or mega) coaster is made of 1.2 million pounds of steel. It has seven inversions, including an corkscrew and an zero-G, and reaches 65 mile per hour. Because your feet dangle in the air, the sensation of vulnerability is accentuated. The G-forces, similar to those experienced on high-banked race tracks, and the 144-foot near vertical drop, were enough to cure my daughter of wanting to ride any more mega coasters -- at least for the time being. As a confirmed adrenaline junkie, I couldn't get enough. Even after Kraken, I can still say, 'I have yet to meet a coaster I didn't like.'

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a littled nauseated just thinking about it. I love the concept, just not the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for your visit and for decifering that postcard script! I still can't read it, even upside down.

    Have a perfectly wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete